Development & Bugs
     ITUNES 7, FUNDRAISE [OLD]
Register To Post
Poster Thread
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2006/9/18 0:42

ITUNES 7, FUNDRAISE [OLD]
iTunes 7 compatibility was implemented since YamiPod 1.0. This is an old discussion about freeware, opensource and donations

Last week Apple release iTunes 7. There were a couple of changes that made it incompatible with iPod videos.

I decided to fundraise to get enough money to buy an iPod video. This is by far the easiest way to fix this issue now, and eventually others in future.

Click the make donation button here on the right.

Please also send a short email with the same address you donated. Even an empty one with a "itunes7 fix donation" subject is ok.

Thanks,
Tomas

----------------

sarbyn
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/18 17:58

Re: ITUNES 7 (UNSUPPORTED FIRMWARE) FUNDRAISE
Ehm...open the source of yamipod?

With an open source project, anyone can modify this beautiful program...
Posted on: 2006/9/18 19:17

Yep, and that's exactly what's happening. The author (ok, not exactly anyone) will update the application. I'm sure that if anybody else would like to do the job he'll be happy as well ...

By the way, how much money was already raised ? Any idea how long it will take for that new iPod video ? And how long to have a patch ?
dj_shoo
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/19 0:13

Will you also fix bug I reported?
felipecn
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/19 2:54

The problems are with the new iPod 5G only? Or it applies to the 2G nano too?

I'm thinking in buy a 2G nano, but i don't know if it'll work on Yamipod (i use Linux and can't use iTunes)
rhippler
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/19 8:35

What address should we send the "itunes7 fix donation" email to? This is killing me I can't submit to last FM which was my main use of Yamipod.
Posted on: 2006/9/19 11:52

Hi Tomas

I have an iPod video 30gb that was working with iTunes 6. I then downloaded iTunes 7, installed that, and it updated some stuff on the iPod itself. All you probably need to do is connect your iPod to a computer running iTunes 7, an hey presto.
By the way, the programs really useful

jimmi_g
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2006/9/19 12:02

Got a nano. Dowloaded iTunes 7. Everything works as before. This is a video only issue. This should answer felipecn answer as well.

rhippler: any email is ok.

sarbyn: open sourcing was discussed before, I prefer keeping it as it is.

dj_shoo: no that bug won't be fixed. I tried to get help from last.fm's devs but finally I gave up. (for others reading there a problem sending unicode chars to last.fm).

Tomas
windwaker
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/20 3:29

I honestly think you just want the credit for yourself. There's no good argument here for not opening the source. It's being unfair to your userbase, and in the end, WE are the victim.

Openning the source can't hurt anything but your ego; it's a win win for the users. If you can't see that, well... you've lost a lot of users already because of this.
Posted on: 2006/9/20 5:29

By the way, Win Xp stopped detecting my iPod Mini after the iTunes 7 update. Anything related ?
(1) 2 3 4 »

Register To Post