General Discussion
     [Feature request] Podcast category
Register To Post
Poster Thread
ymj
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/2/20 20:57

[Feature request] Podcast category
As suggested on the homepage here's a feature request for this GREAT piece of software.

I know there is a RSS/Podcast menu whereby one can enter the relevant URL, ...

However, using third-party podcast tools, such as the great iPodder (now known as Juice) I'd like to be able to drag-and-drop the downloaded podcast files somewhere (or select them, or ...) into Yamipod....AND....make sure they are classified as "Podcast" within the iPod.
As there is a dedicated Podcast menu within the iPod (likewise there is a Audiobook menu), it would be nice that this is taken advantage of, and this would avoid having the podcast mp3's lying around in the Music list...

ymj
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/2/21 18:45

Re: [Feature request] Podcast category
I actually tried to sync some podcast with Itunes... and they are properly added to the "Podcast" menu on the iPod.
They are also visible through the Music menu and associated categories (by Genre, by Author, ...)
From Yamipod, they appear in the list, with Genre = "Podcast"...

Then I tried to push some more Podcasts thru Yamipod.
They origincally come from iPodder (aka Juice) and have been set with Genre "Podcast".
So one could think they'll appear in the Podcast menu as well.

Not only they don't, but my previous podcasts (those pushed with Itunes) disappeared from the Podcast menu, and are now only available from the regular Music menu...

Weird, isnt it ?

I think that would be great if files with Genre = Podcast be pushed to the relevant Podcast menu (like Itunes does) or to have a special place to drag'n'drop them (such as the playlist box within Yamipod)

Also note, that Podcast retrieved by Yamipod itself are not pushed into the Podcast menu as well.

I love Yamipod, but would love it even more if the feature would be available.
I try to avoid using iTunes you see .... :)

regards,

Register To Post