COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     Feature Requests!
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/2/11 12:53

Feature Requests!
I love YamiPod so far (just got it). One thing I'd like to see is the option to add a view box for Genre, like iTunes has. Being a music lover, I really like that feature in iTunes, so I can only view Rock for instance, or only view Hip-hop, etc. Perhaps it would be feasible to add an option window letting you choose the 3 "view by" types you want. So I could pick Genre, ARtist, and Album instead of the default Artist, Album, Playlist types. Hope this makes sense.

Another thing i'd like to see is the option to save settings to a file in the YamiPod working directory, right now it appears to save your settings in the registry (since i can't see any files being made). The reason for this is that I like to keep my iPod tools ON my iPod, so i can use them from any computer... so I wouldn't want to have to redo my settings on each computer, etc.

Hope all this makes sense! Keep up the great work with YamiPod!
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/2/12 1:28

Re: Feature Requests!
At the moment the best you can do is enable the genre column (under preferences), and then search (use CTRL+F under win APPLE+F under mac) for desidered genre.

If you have any better idea let me know. But I wouldn't like to add a genre listbox as iTunes has.

YamiPod already stores everything in iPod_Control\yamipod under your iPod so it's a good idea to leave the executable on your iPod like you're doing.

Tomas
Posted on: 2005/4/2 4:30

Hi,
what do you think about to add a EQ presets menu to songs info menu?
Thanks...
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/4/2 9:51

it's on the todo list. But not on top.

Tomas
FFNB
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/4/9 0:35

Hello,

if i select all songs and play them, it is verry difficult to find the song who is played curently.
Mabe you can implement a "currently played song info" (e.g. in windows title).

Kind Regards, FFNB.
loosegroov
(Not too shy to talk)

Posted on: 2005/4/9 2:48

YamiPod does highlight the currently playing song in bold text. Also, if you hover your mouse over the Play/Pause button, it will display the song title. Same with Next and Previous.

You can also turn on notifications which shows a popup window with each song providing song details (title, artist, album).
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/4/9 6:42

I'll think about it, but I would like to avoid having too many items in menubar. I like the idea of keeping the app as simple as possible.

Tomas
FFNB
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/4/9 15:50

Hello,

to find the "bold" song in the Playlist is not so simple with 5000 Songs in it.
But i didn't know about the "mouse-over-play-button-tooltip" feature. This is absolutely enough for me to figure out the currently playing song.

Thank you!

Kind regards, FFNB.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/4/9 20:22

In next version pressing ctrl and moving mouse over play icon will highlight currently playing song if present in the list of songs.

Tomas

Register To Post