COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     feature request: album art!
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/9/24 14:51

feature request: album art!
Hello i really LOVE this application :) So far i have encountered no problems except that I cannot add album art to my songs to be displayed on my ipod...would be great if this feature is added! Thanks a lot!!!
JBlueberry
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/9/30 12:30

Re: feature request: album art!
This would be really cool!
Could an AlbumArt-searcher be integrated as well?
One that searches the amazon-databases (note: plural - also the ones outside the US)
Posted on: 2005/10/1 1:18

i agree. any sort of album art support would be great.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/10/25 2:43

If anybody knows how to write the .thmb file let me know. Without this I can't implement the photo features.

Tomas
Posted on: 2005/10/25 15:16

yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/10/25 20:33

Yep I checked them but it's a bit generic. I've no idea how to convert a jpg/gif to yuv 4:2:2 and to RGB565?

Thanks,
Tomas
Tcmjr
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/10/26 6:42

Album art support would be nice , especialy if you could batch include the album art directly at the iPod so you don't need to change your hdd file.

Here is some info on the math needed to convert YUV to RGB.

http://www.fourcc.org/fccyvrgb.php (read the whole webpage as there is a nice discusion and correction as to the right way to do it)

(MSDN info)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceddraw/html/_dxce_converting_between_yuv_and_rgb.asp

You could probably use
imagemagick as it's a program to convert images and do the kind of work we are looking for, you could take a look at it's souce if you wanted to include in yamipod or there might be easir ways to do this.

a bit from it's site.

"Most of the functionality of ImageMagick can be used interactively from the command line; more often, however, the features are used from programs written in the programming languages C, Ch, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Tcl/Tk, for which ready-made ImageMagick interfaces (PerlMagick, Magick++, PythonMagick, MagickWand for PHP, RMagick, TclMagick, and JMagick) are available. This makes it possible to modify or create images automatically and dynamically."

Hope you add this to yami :)

If you need any more help ask.

Kind Regards

Tadeu
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/10/26 15:33

Hi,

the first 2 links explain the color conversion, but what about converting a compressed JPG/gif image? If anybody has VB knowledge on how to do this it would be easy to port it to Realbasic (the IDE I use to write YamiPod). 2 functions, picturetoYUV and picturetoRGB, would be great.

I can't use ImageMagic as it's GPL, besides there's no RB port.

Thanks,
Tomas
Tcmjr
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/10/26 17:39

I should have some spare time this weekend, so I could try to do something on C/C++ then we could try to convert it to VB, as I have no good knowledge of VB. Do you think it would be usefull ?

Kind Regards,
Tadeu
Tcmjr
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/10/26 18:42

Take a look at http://www.vbaccelerator.com/codelib/gfx/vbjpeg.htm

You can open some pictures using visual Basic support for loading graphic files in various formats into a StdPicture object , the problem is saving in jpg the article explain some of the methods to do so in VB.

By what i could find probably after opening the jpeg you need to do a pixel by pixel conversin using the formula on those websites mentioned before, and save them on jpeg again(is this is the format to store them on the ipod).
(1) 2 »

Register To Post