Will Yamipod work with Ipod Classic
Register To Post
Poster Thread
holthaus
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/9/6 17:43

Will Yamipod work with Ipod Classic
I don't care to use iTunes.
Right now I use Anapod on my old Ipod but it might be time to get a new one with a bigger drive.

I have a directory with all the playlist and I drag
and drop those playlist in Anapod and it transfers everything.
Will this work for me in Yamipod?

Then, if so, does it work with the new Ipods that came out on Sept 5th?

Plus, does it put the folder.jpg in for each song since I have all my music seperated into seperate folders for each album.

thanks
Posted on: 2007/9/12 12:56

Re: Will Yamipod work with Ipod Classic
I just tried to access my new iPod Classic with YamiPod.

I got the following message: "Your firmware is unsupported, quitting ..."

Hopefully there will be a new version of YamiPod soon with added support of the iPod Classic.
Posted on: 2007/9/16 2:59

It appears there's a real chance Yamipod won't ever work with iPod Classic. I haven't been able to confirm this, but if it's true, I'd be annoyed.
Posted on: 2007/9/17 22:02

http://ipodminusitunes.blogspot.com/2007/09/weve-won.html

Thanks to some inspired work by a few heroes, we've managed to work out how to get everything working again.

This is what we've found out: the hash at 0x58 is the one that matters. And we know how to generate it.

It's a cryptographic signature combining data from the iTunesDB and a device specific identifier (called the firewireid) and some (formerly) secret numbers.

Instructions for linux users on how to fix their iTunesDB files are here. Windows users are going to have to wait a little while. (For interested programmers, the code to generate the hash is here.)

The heroes in question include wtbw, nopcode, teuf, simon and many others from #gtkpod.

Let's all hope that (if they haven't already from the iPhone unlocking) Apple learn that fighting against us is pointless. It's a waste of their time if the open source crowd is going to get past it in just a weekend.
SunnyD
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/9/19 4:54

so does yamipod work with the 6g classic
Posted on: 2007/9/19 18:03

Kudos to the people who are trying to unlock the 6G access, because it might be more useful that it first appears to all the 5G-and-before iPods out there.

It strikes me that Apple may now come out with a pre-6g firmware 'upgrade' that they'll distribute to peoples' individual iTunes installations (yes, I have one) via the web? If so, it would possibly prevent all of the current models from using great programs like Yamipod too? My 5G works fine with Yamipod (apart from the current AVG 'virus' issue with v1.6), and I wouldn't want to lose this flexibility. If so, then I guess we'd be better off rejecting all future iPod firmware 'upgrades'...?

;)
Posted on: 2007/9/19 23:54

I have a new 80G iPod classic. Yamipod still doesn't work on it.

Please hurry.

iTunes is terrible and messes up my beautiful folder system , even though it doesn't touch it.

Apple is stylish and all, but a bit thick on the open source side.

Growing pains, I guess.
Didn't Microsoft teach them anything...?
madison22
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/9/25 17:15

I use Cucusoft iPod Video Converter Suite , it works pretty good , I download it at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-DVD-video-to-iPod-video.html
Posted on: 2007/9/28 11:03

Agapito, you can uncheck keep iTunes music folder organized and copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library in iTunes' preferences, and it won't mess up your beautiful folder system :)

Register To Post