Development & Bugs
     Itunes software fails
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Simonz
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/3/8 6:04

Itunes software fails
Over and over my itunes on my pc looses my songs. Everytime I open the program there are hundreds of songs that are missing files and need relocating. I have the 60 gig with 40 gig of music on it. I would like to see about installing XP instead of tunes on the pod. Anyone familiar with my problem? Anyone know about installing XP?
Thank you
Djuuu
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/3/8 18:53

Re: Itunes software fails
I'm not sure to understand your problem.

The most common cause of iTunes losing songs is when your library is on an external hard disk and that you forget to plug it in. In that case, and if you have checked "keep iTunes Music directory organized" in the preferences (not sure of the exact label, i use the french version), iTunes doesn't find your music and switches back to the default directory (c:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music). Then you have to change the directory configuration manually. (actually, restarting iTunes once your disk is plugged should work)

Then, if you use automatic synchronization with the iPod ("Manage music manually" disabled on the iPod preferences page in iTunes), iTunes will try to synchronize with the library or playlist on your computer, and as it doesn't find the songs, I guess it will erase it on the iPod.

So, is that your problem ? Am I totally out ? (and am I understandable ? )

Anyway, I think you should tell us how you manage your music with iTunes, beside the use of the iPod. That would be a good beginning to understand the problem.

Register To Post