COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   Development & Bugs
     Program Automatically closes...normal?
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2007/2/23 2:05

Program Automatically closes...normal?
Great program! Couple of quick questions: after performing copying operations, the program automatically closes. Is this normal? I looked in the preferences and didn't see anything that looked like a setting for this.
Also, I copied several mp3s to my iPod using Yamipod, but the iPod does not display all of them.
I first used the version towards the top of the download page, but there were several errrors reported, so then I tried the pre-release beta version which seemed to perform better, except for these two problems.
I noticed when exploring the iPod, there are two files, YamiPod v1.0.1 and YamiPod v1.0.2b2 (along with a few other files). Could the two versions be causing problems? Is it safe to delete the whole yamipod folder inside the iPod_Control folder on the iPod, and start over?
I also have Xplay trial version on the device, and was wondering if that could be causing some songs loaded with Yamipod to not show up on the iPod menus.
My OS is Windows 2000.
Thanks in advance for any info.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2007/2/25 15:29

Re: Program Automatically closes...normal?
YamiPod v1.0.1 and YamiPod v1.0.2b2 are some backup files it's safe to delete them, though it's not recommended.

Xplay might cause problems with Y, I suggest you to choose one and use that.

App shouldn't close like that, there's some kind of probl.

----------------

Posted on: 2007/3/24 22:18

I have been having this problem too with my 5G ipod.
atbean
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/5/3 2:05

I'm having the same problem. I tried clicking on the link from another post for the solution but that link's broken. Too bad, because the design seems really great. If I can get it to stay open long enough to do more than one thing at a time I'd definitely donate.

Also I can't tell whether the above post is supposed to be the solution?
davidalso
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/6/29 20:56

I'm getting the same problem, and I've seen it show up in other threads as well. Has anyone figured this out yet?
Posted on: 2007/6/30 19:22

Mine closes after update also!! not good!
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2007/7/2 4:23

using iTunes 7.3? Read the sticky message in this forum.

----------------

Ramses800
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/7/20 1:39

Have the same problem with Yamipod closes after file tranfer(the files seems to be there as they should though) on my iPod 80Gb on Win2kSp4, Itunes 7.3.1 and I can not find anything related to this in the sticky(unless you mean that in order for you to find the problem you need a new iPod)?

Apart from that - splendid software(and nice to see someone using REALBasic)!

UPDATE:
Just tried it on WinXPSp2 and no iTunes installed - closes after transfer as with W2K
Posted on: 2007/7/26 21:19

In my situation , the program will close after each copy of songs. I use VISTA . Is it the problem? Thanks
dmstumpf
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/7/27 10:25

I suffered a similar problem, using Windows Vista:

After transferring files to my Nano, YamiPod would terminate spontaneously.

This occured through multiple version upgrades and I never could figure out why. If I remember correctly, it just began to happen one day.

My solution came when I wiped my HDD and went back to XP.
(1) 2 »

Register To Post