Development & Bugs
     YamiPod Won't Detect iPod
Register To Post
Poster Thread
JustSam
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/2/3 16:04

YamiPod Won't Detect iPod
Yeah, so I plug in my iPod, shoot up Yamipod and I get a "plug in ipod to continue" message. Anyway I can manually select it, as it is in Windows Explorer?
Simone
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/2/7 21:26

Re: YamiPod Won't Detect iPod
I have the same problem and it drives me nuts...
I ran itunes once before so that can´t be the problem, and I can see my ipod in my library, but I can´t use it...
Help!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2007/2/14 17:33

I have the same problem.There is a pop up window saying that yamipod can't run at the same time that itunes.Then, I quit itunes but it doesn't detect the ipod. Can anyone help with a tip please?!!!!
Posted on: 2007/2/16 17:42

What sort of ipod do you have?
SeungMina
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/3/7 18:40

I'm having the same problem, YamiPod, iTunes and Windows Explorer aren't picking up my iPod when I plug it in.

I have the old 40 GB iPod.
Heathen
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/3/19 1:04

Just a guess here, but Apple software is notoriously tenacious. Just closing it may not make it go away. Open Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab. Look for itunes, itunes helper, quicktime (qttask). If you find any of them, right-click on them and close. I don't know if you also need to close ipod service, too. If after doing this you still get the "itunes running" error message, then close yamipod, go back and close ipod helper, then restart Yamipod.

The default settings for all of the above is to load at startup, so if this is the problem, you may need to either manually close them each time, or take them off the startup list.

----------------

Heathen
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/3/19 1:07

Another suggestion for the unfound ipod: the Apple tech support told me that the ipod must be plugged into the USB in the back of the computer. The front won't work, @ pffft! @ trying to connect via a USB hub.

----------------

Register To Post