Development & Bugs
     File names and tags
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Beronious
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/4/27 13:46

File names and tags
I noticed now that YamiPod changes the name of the original file when placing it on the ipod, yet the itag changes made during the importing process do not stick.

This created a problem when copying a song off the ipod and it was just a cut off version of the band's name and the tag was missing so it was hard to ID the song.
In addition, I use Itunes to play the music off my ipod when connected to my laptop. I like Itunes as a player and have had problems with the Yamipod player. When it plays or when a song is selected, the tag returns back to whatever it was originally, before I changed it during the importing process.

For now I am going to try to change all the tags in Itunes or just in the preferenes to make them permanent changes, and I do not have Itunes set to rename the songs based on internet data.

I am using the latest version, I downloaded it two days ago. v0.80
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/4/27 15:59

Re: File names and tags
Hi,

iTunes renames files when copying to iPod as well, there are some system level reasons behind that. So that's normal.

What do you mean with 'itag changes made during the importing process do not stick'?

if you save artist, album title infos in filename use the advanced tab when drag&dropping songs to iPod in YamiPod.

HTH,
Tomas
Beronious
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/4/28 2:54

Re: File names and tags
What happens is that I will fill out the tag information when importing onto the ipod. Then when I play the ipod in iTunes, the tag information reverts to its original information.

The action is similar to having iTunes set up to look up song information on the internet and have it change a file's tag after you already filled out the information. This happened to me with a sound track, iTunes kept looking up the information online and changing the artist to "various artists" when I prefer to put the band's name there.

I'l still trying to figure it out, I went through all my files in iTunes and I am hoping they stick. I'm a bit of an organizational freak at times.

I will check out the advanded options for YamiPod.

Register To Post