Register To Post
Poster Thread
scribebox
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/28 8:17

DownGrade FirmWare :D
allright, just downloaded

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ipodupdater20060628forwindows.html

which is the old iPod Updater, and upon attempting to downgrade -_-.. it gave me an error saying i needed to use iTunes7 To update the ipod ..nice ;)

so, now, im going to see if i can use a spare iPod Video i have lying around, pull off the firmware, and downgrade my current ipod-Video (yes, i have two ipod videos.. one white one black both 30gig >:D, i love crackhead Deals)..

anyway, was going to log the events/tribulations for everyone else on the forum to disect..

-scribe
scribebox
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/28 8:44

Re: DownGrade FirmWare :D
ok pulled off the firmware using ipodpatcher to read it to a file (see rockbox website), but i just realized something ..shitty.. if i do revert to a previous firmware, it might corrupt my iTunes.DB file :( which will suck, but either way, im going to do this shit... fuck this new firmware, (up until YamiPod supports it..fuck it!) iTunes7 just freezes anyway :/ (is it because i have the rockbox bootloader install?) anyway..

heh..

anyway, i will flash my black video with the virgin white videos firmware here in a bit and repost the results.

-scribe
scribebox
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/28 9:00

Re: DownGrade FirmWare :D
flashed it with the virgin-whites firmware, wouldnt boot..

thought i bricked my black iPod Video, but it booted in disk mode ;> (thank god...) i flashed it with the ver1.2 firmware it had and all is well again, im downloading an old iPod Updater 06-28 and uninstalling iTunes7, to see if i can *restore*..

-scribe

Register To Post