Development & Bugs
     New Itunes update stops YAMIPOD
Register To Post
Poster Thread
exidor
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/13 13:55

New Itunes update stops YAMIPOD
Just updated my ipod using the new Itunes (7ithink). This now stops yamipod from working which is a right pain, as i use yamipod at work. Hopefully there will be a way around it, amybe the old versions work, i can't find them to download them tho!

Ouch
Posted on: 2006/9/14 0:15

Re: New Itunes update stops YAMIPOD
I have the same problem. Since i updated iTunes, Yamipod doesn´t work on my 5G Ipod.

Can someone help us?
Thanks a lot.
Posted on: 2006/9/14 0:50

I have the same problem. I will be downloading iTunes 6.0.5 (last before version 7?) at work tomorrow from here http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes605forwindows.html

I'd advise everyone else to do so in the meantime.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2006/9/15 0:45

Please post more details. iPod version, exact error, etc etc...

with my nano and iTunes 7 everything works.

Time for a fundraise for a video iPod?

Cheers,
Tomas
Posted on: 2006/9/15 2:30

Since installing itunes 7 and updating the firmware on my video ipod (to version 1.2), yamipod gives me a 'firmware unsupported' error message and stops loading. So now i too can't use it or submit to last fm. ;(
mpalves
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/9/15 3:07

Same thing here. YamiPod reports my 5th-Gen iPod's firmware version (1.2) is unsupported and quits.

Is there a trivial workaround for this (maybe YamiPod just checks the firmware version and exits if it finds something unexpected) or is it a true compatibility issue?

(By the way: it's my first post, and I'd like to thank you for a killer app! Thank you Tomas! )
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2006/9/17 16:17

this is a problem with iTunes 7 and iPod video I guess. It would help if someone could send me his iTunesDB file. It's located in your iPod under iPod_Control\iTunes (it's a hidden folder).

Send file to bugsatyamipod.com

Thanks,
Tomas
Posted on: 2006/9/17 22:29

Hi Guys & Yamipod,

I'm facing the same problem "Your Firmware is Unsupported" error on my IPOD 60GB after i've updated my itunes to version 7. My current ipod firmware is version 1.2.

Hope you can assist :( I juz love yamipod !

Btw, how do i send you the DB file ? the "bugsatyamipod.com" u mentioned above issit an email address or url ?
Posted on: 2006/9/18 0:09

If you replace "at" with "@" in the address he gave you'll have an e-mail address that you should send it to.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2006/9/18 0:44

Please read this.

Tomas
(1) 2 »

Register To Post