Back to Forum Index
   Development & Bugs
     [BUG] [0.61b11] - "Copy Song To..." truncates file name. [CLOSED]
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/3/20 16:22

[BUG] [0.61b11] - "Copy Song To..." truncates file name. [CLOSED]
Hi,

This is a very minor bug, nothing important, but I just noticed it with the last version, and found it's still in the most recent version.

I have an iPod Photo with WinXP SP2, running latest version of YamiPod (0.61b11).

When I copy a file from my iPod back onto my computer, it truncates the filenames when I right-click the song and choose "Copy Song To..." then select any destination path method ie. "Direct Copy" "Artist/Album" etc, and select "Filename: Don't Change."

It appears that filenames are limited to 27 characters + ".mp3". It doesn't matter if the songs were originally placed on the iPod using iTunes or YamiPod, either song filename gets truncated.

However, if I choose other filename options such as "Artist - Track Title" it works fine, and filenames can exceed 27 characters.

As always, great work on YamiPod. I'm especially glad to hear that the VBR problem has been fixed.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/3/20 16:38

Re: [BUG] [0.61b11] - "Copy Song To..." truncates file name. [CLOSED]
This is not a bug. When copying to iPod filenames are truncated (by iTunes and YamiPod) because by default. You have choosed filename=don't change so YamiPod is copying the files as their are on the iPod.

Just change the filename settings to something different.

Tomas

Register To Post