Development & Bugs
     Feature Request
Register To Post
Poster Thread
loosegroov
(Not too shy to talk)

Posted on: 2005/3/4 3:12

Feature Request
It would be great if there were the option to minimize to the system tray in Windows. It would also be nice to be able to right-click on the YamiPod icon in the system tray and have player functions like Play, Pause, Next, Previous, etc.

FYI - I'm big into player features since that's my main purpose for using YamiPod. The more player controls the better. I do wish that more player functions were on the main window but the Song Play Window isn't too bad.

Thanks!!
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/3/6 23:27

Re: Feature Request
unfortunately the tray stuff isn't doable at the moment.

Tomas
loosegroov
(Not too shy to talk)

Posted on: 2005/3/14 6:24

How about enhancing some of the player controls on the main form? I don't really like having to open a separate window for this.

For example, you could have a volume slider that would adjust the playback volume. You could also have some notification on what song is currently playing. Another cool feature would be to have a small popup window (on a timer) that would popup when a new song starts that tells {song}, {artist}, {album}, etc.

Just small suggestions. Like I said, I am very interested in the player features since that's my primary purpose for using YamiPod. I'm just looking for a good app that will reside on my iPod and allow me to play my music. I really like PodPlayer (http://www.ipodsoft.com/softwaredetail.aspx?sid=7) but it can't play iTMS files (M4P) . I want the player to play all of the music files that an iPod can handle.

Thanks!
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/3/16 21:25

pre release 0.61b10:

volume control and popup window telling artist,album,title were added (fades away nicely under Windows 2000 and XP).

The popup window can be disabled under preferences.

Please test and report bugs/ideas,
Tomas
loosegroov
(Not too shy to talk)

Posted on: 2005/3/16 21:50

Tomas:

The notification works great! I love the look too!

One thing, the volume control works, however, it goes to max with each track change. The volume control needs to remember the setting from track to track.

Also, have you looked into streamlining the code that loads the iTunesDB from the iPod. Some other applications I've used load it almost instantly but YamiPod takes a little longer.

I recently came across some VB code that works well, I just don't know how to port it to RealBasic. Contact me offline if you want more information.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/3/16 22:41

I'm glad you liked the notification window.

The iTunesDB loading code is optimized as much as possible, it cannot be tweaked anymore. It may seem to be slower than other apps but many things are done on startup.

I'll check the volume control error.

Thanks for feedback,
Tomas
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/3/16 23:39

Volume problem fixed. Wait for next release.

Tomas
loosegroov
(Not too shy to talk)

Posted on: 2005/3/17 0:02

Why does YamiPod when it starts, begin the loading process and then when it gets to 60%-70% (give or take) and then goes all the way back to 0% and starts the loading over again?

This doesn't happen all of the time but I definitely notice it quite a bit.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/3/17 0:09

This happens when iTunes writes some unsupported (by YamiPod) playlist data to iTunesDB. iTunesDB is rewritten to make is YamiPod friendly. If you use only YamiPod this reloading won't happen otherwise you'll have to wait a bit longer from time to time.

I may change the decoding code to support this unsupported data but it's complex as a small errror could corrupt iTunesDB.

Tomas

Register To Post