BUG: constantly resizing window [FIXED]
Register To Post
Poster Thread
charlieMOG
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/2/9 18:55

BUG: constantly resizing window [FIXED]
Hi,

I'm using YamiPod 0.60 on a iPod Photo 40GB.
I used the executable on one PC (Windows XP SP2) with resolution X.
Now, when I use the same executable (which resides on the iPod) again on another PC (Windows XP SP2) with resolution Y (1024*768), the window constantly keeps resizing/redrawing.
This effectively keeps you from using the program anymore, since it blinks like a maniac.
It seems like it's trying to dynamically update the window size to the album/song names or something ?

Regards,
djc
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/2/10 4:27

Re: BUG: constantly resizing window
Hi,

I think the same happened to me. However, it happened only if I attempted to move the Yamipod window before it loaded completely (when it is still a small window, not the full one). Since I begun waiting until the loading process is completely done before moving, maximizing or minimizing the Yamipod window, the resizing hasnít occur again. I must state though that this happened with version 0.58 or 0.59 and in a 800x600 display. I havenít tested yet the current version.

DJC
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/2/10 4:32

I made some changes trying to fix your problem. Can you download the pre release and check if the problem still persists?

Tomas
djc
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/2/10 21:51

Itís strange. At home, there is no problem at all; nor with 0.60 nor 0.61. At work, however, both versions present the problem.

At home I have a Compaq Presario notebook; AMD 1800+, 512 RAM, Windows XP home SP 2.

At work I Have Compaq desktop, Pentium IV 1.8, 256 RAM, Windows XP Pro SP 1.

DJC
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/2/10 22:05

Have you got any software that applies skins to windows?

Tomas
djc
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/2/10 23:41

Not that I know.

I don't really have any clue as to what the cause may be. I'm starting to think that it might have something to do with my PC, as I can not recreate the problem in other PCs. But, on the other hand, this only happens with Yamipod.

Thanks again.

DJC

djc
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/2/11 1:32

I went to my backups and found version 0.54. I ran it and it didn't show the resizing problem. Inmediately afterwards I ran version 0.60 in the same PC and it still presented the problem. Perhaps some new feature since then is making trouble (at least with my PC). I donít have other older versions, so I canít try out since what version does the resizing thing occurs in my PC.

DJC
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/2/11 3:21

Can you test the pre release again? I changed some code.

Tomas
charlieMOG
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/2/14 18:14

The newest pre-release seems to have fixed the problem - thanks!

Could it have something to do with remembering windows settings ? It looks like the windows are the same height/width when I start the application from my iPod on different workstations.

Register To Post