COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     Didn't follow instructions but YamiPod worked fine
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/12/25 23:57

Didn't follow instructions but YamiPod worked fine
I should say that if it wasn't for YamiPod Apple would have one returned nano this week. I got a nano under the tree but have only used non Apple MP3 players in the past. I assumed that the nano would support playing files just copied over (like all the rest of the players that I have used) because damn if I was going to install some iTunes crap that could bork up my PC or mess with my 300 GB of audio, video, and photos. I didn't think you had to buy into the iUniverse just to used a portable music player. Anyhow after plugging in the nano copying the MP3s over and then not being able to see them I realized something was amiss. After searching around I discovered that officially the only way to put media on the nano was the iWay.

Anyhow I finally found YamiPod, ran it, and was happily transferring and playing files. The main thrust of this thread was that, contrary to the instructions, I didn't do a thing with Itunes (haven't even opened the shrinkwrap). For me that would have defeated the main point of using YamiPod; installing another propriatry POS piece of software with deep hooks into my system and data. Thus, it seems that just running YamiPod, at least with a new nano, is fine without any extra fooling around with iWare.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/12/26 22:27

Re: Didn't follow instructions but YamiPod worked fine
Brand new iPod comes with all folders/files setup correctly. That's why you didn't need to use iTunes.

Should you reformat your iPod you'll be forced to run iTunes once, in order to use YamiPod.

Tomas

Register To Post