COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   Development & Bugs
     Hang on Updating playcounts on Linux
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/12/5 17:36

Hang on Updating playcounts on Linux
I mount /dev/sda3 to /mnt/ipod, then lauch YamiPod.. IT finds it ok I guess, the usual error from the last.fm plugin and then goes on to update the playcounts.. And it just never ends! Ive accessed the same ipod via YamiPod on WinXP home with the help of macdisk emulation, on my iBook with Yamipod again and iTunes, but on Linux YamiPod hangs like this..

Any ideas?
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/12/5 17:50

Re: Hang on Updating playcounts on Linux
check if you got write access on that mount point. As long ad I know there are some problems mounting HFS partitions with some distros.

Tomas
Posted on: 2005/12/6 4:23

rw is granted, acording to mtab, fstab and mount..

Im using Linux 2.4.31 with HFS+ built as a module.. Slackware to be more specific..

Oh yeah, I can browse the mounted ipod just fine.. So, I guess its not a mount problem?
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/12/6 12:29

Have you tried writing to it? Create a folder or file with the user you usually use to launch YamiPod (not with root)? Do this just to double check.

Tomas
Posted on: 2007/3/6 2:30

me facing the same problem... I have ubuntu linux, and I can write on ipod correctly.... but counter count is soooooooo sooo sooo.... sooo.... and soooo sloooow............
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2007/3/6 2:39

do you have a hfs formatted iPod as well?

----------------

halmsx
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/3/7 9:56

hi

im having the same problem.

im using the new 1gb shuffle on fedora6. it worked ok in gtkpod. i can also access and delete the yamipod folder. so mouting is not an issue here.

this actually happened after i used the latest version once. the next time i tried, it hangs there on playcount updates.

the last time i 'recover' my shuffle was on an winxp pc.

where can i download the previous version on yamipod? please?
Posted on: 2007/3/8 2:34

Quote:

yamipod wrote:
do you have a hfs formatted iPod as well?

No, I have a FAT32 (vfat) formatted ipod. Otherwise, I run yamipod with the same ipod on windows and performs play counts like a shot.

thanks for answering

Register To Post