General Discussion
     YamiPodPhoto?
Register To Post
Poster Thread
daring
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/11/15 1:36

YamiPodPhoto?
I am a new user to the iPod world. I just purchased a iPod 5G and seem to be overlooking something. I would like to be able to upload pictures to the iPod from several different machines without erasing what is there. I would prefer a tool like YamiPod since I really don't want to install iTunes on every machine.

I have done some searches and can't seem to find software that does this which makes me believe that either a) Only a very few people need such software and it hasn't been developed, or b) I am an idiot and there is a very easy method I have overlooked. Oddly enough I'm hoping for b.

If you are wondering why I posted here, it is because if "A" is true I was wondering if you had considered writing a YamiPodPhoto.

Thanks for your help, and my donation (with or without photo capability) will be coming forthwith.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/11/15 1:59

Re: YamiPodPhoto?
Implementing the photo capabilities is much more difficult than what it seems, and I'm having less and less free time.

We'll see,
Tomas
daring
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/11/15 19:09

I figured that the need to convert the images to a thumbnail file (which my guess isn't published) probably wouldn't be a picnic. What else makes it a difficult task?

Also, are there any available that you are aware of even if they are commercial. I'd certainly be willing to pay. XPlay has one which will let you copy files off of your iPod and Anapod has one which will let you copy files to you iPod, but only if you delete the existing files first. I'm looking to be able to copy files off and on to my iPod without deleting the existing files and preferably using only one program.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/11/15 21:06

If it will done it should have full support (to/from and without deleting anything). And yes one of the main stoppers is the thumbnail stuff.

Tomas
Smeghead
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2006/1/3 12:37

so transfering photos to the ipod can only be done through itunes ? yamipod can't do it ?
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2006/1/3 13:18

YamiPod hasn't support for photos.

Tomas

Register To Post