Register now    |   Login  

COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     Beware! I lost all of my songs by simply starting a playlist!
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/10/25 20:33

Beware! I lost all of my songs by simply starting a playlist!
I was hoping to use this program to move some songs from my ipod (photo) to my hard drive. I opened the program, it started up fine. I created a playlist to start choosing the songs I wanted to move. As soon as I dragged a song into the playlist I received the error 'error playlist nhmd' (or something to that effect, it hung the program very quickly). I was kicked out of the program. When I tried to launch the application again I was given the same error message and the app. wouldn't start.

The next time I opened itunes, everything on my ipod was GONE. I've had to restore it to factory settings, and now have to go through the onerous task of putting all 4000 songs back onto it. Luckily I have a fairly recent baqckup of all my songs, but it is still going to be a hassle.

Ironically as soon as the program gave me an error and I filled out the error submission form I was asked to donate. Hehehehehe. Donate. Hehehehehe.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/10/25 21:11

Re: Beware! I lost all of my songs by simply starting a playlist!
You could have repaired iPod as described here http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/docs/help/corruptedipod.php

answering 'yes' to question 'Did yamiPod caused the problem?', then choosing 'Last database before using this version of YamiPod'.

You wouldn't have needed to restore everything.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Tomas

Register To Post