COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     COPYING FROM IPOD ONTO YAMIPOD AND THEN RELOADING IPOD
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/10/24 0:35

COPYING FROM IPOD ONTO YAMIPOD AND THEN RELOADING IPOD
I have been having problems with my ipod pausing all the time while I'm enjoying my favorite music. I heard that all of the 4G IPODS have the autopause feature when the headphones come out or there is a kink in the headphone wire. I'm currently deployed in Iraq and pretty much everybody has an IPOD of some sort out here...nobody else that I've asked seems to have this problem. I have the 60gb Photo. I want to go ahead and upgrade to the IPOD Video. I currently have approx. 7600 songs on it. Is it possible to use this program to upload all of my music in order to empty off my current IPOD for return. If so how? Do I risk losing my music? Will it then be difficult for me to transfer all of my music from Yamipod onto a brand new IPOD Video or do I need i-tunes? Can anyone help?!
bigbadbaz
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2005/10/28 0:53

Re: COPYING FROM IPOD ONTO YAMIPOD AND THEN RELOADING IPOD
well i'd use this program for sure, it's awesome!

However i'd only use it to take songs from your current iPod to a PC, then i'd use iTunes to put the songs back onto your iPod... i think that by importing them to iTunes you'll lose all playcounts, date added/modified etc, but i think it's safer from what i can see to use iTunes to put the music onto iPod, after all there are always complex upgrades for iPods through iTunes, that you should probably get. There is also the issue that YamiPod is not yet fully compatible with Video iPods...

Good luck in IRAQ, and enjoy YamiPod... it's awesome :D
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/10/28 1:38

Re: COPYING FROM IPOD ONTO YAMIPOD AND THEN RELOADING IPOD
Hi,

actually it's quite safe also moving song from PC to iPod. iPod video should be ok in beta version as some users reported (I don't own a video one, so I could try that).

Tomas

Register To Post