Register now    |   Login  

COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     How can I stop Itunes starting up afer connecting the Ipod?
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2009/1/16 22:00

How can I stop Itunes starting up afer connecting the Ipod?
When I start Yamipod,it asks for the Ipod.

When I connect the Ipod to the computer also Itunes starts and then Yamipod does'nt work.

So how can I stop Itunis starting? (I searched in the settings from Itunes, but did'nt find it)
rx7racer
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2009/1/17 22:41

Re: How can I stop Itunes starting up afer connecting the Ipod?
I also had this problem while trying to use YamiPod with a friend's iPod Classic (video) to back up the contents to a computer at our office - iTunes started up, and both programs seemed to hang. Later, when she tried to use the iPod it says no music or playlists. I've sent her the instructions on how to use the repair function in Yami, but since I suspect the problem originates in iTunes 8.0.x starting up while Yami is also trying to access; I want to know if iTunes start-up can be prevented. Then, we need to see if the iPod contents can be repaired, since the library from which they were taken no longer exists, and she wanted to add the contents to her new library on her personal laptop.

mikabass
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2009/2/8 2:37

Re: How can I stop Itunes starting up afer connecting the Ipod?
Thats easy just select in the sync options to manually sync ipod instead of automaticly starting ipod sync. also you can close itunes after it starts up then open yamipod after and shouldnt have any problems droping music onto your ipod. hope this helps!!

Register To Post