COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   Development & Bugs
     iPod 4G nano FWID problem in Linux
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2009/1/15 1:18

iPod 4G nano FWID problem in Linux
So I run Ubuntu 8.04 and I installed YamiPod according to the installation guide. I formatted my iPod using iTunes 8 on a Mac and put a song on it so I could use it with Linux.

I plugged the iPod in and turned on YamiPod 1.8. First it says there is an error in a third party plugin and there will be no audio available, which isn't a big deal.

So I click OK and it asks me to select my iPod generation. I select iPod nano 4G and am prompted for an FWID.

Using the "sudo lsusb -v | grep -i Serial" command I find it and type it in. After I type it the OK button stops being greyed out and becomes clickable however when I click on it nothing happens. I can click on it again and again and it won't do anything.

Suggestions?
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2009/1/16 21:31

Re: iPod 4G nano FWID problem in Linux
Mac formatted iPods are usually not writable under linux. It's a better idea to try to win format it (FAT32), then add one song with iTunes as stated in docs.

----------------

Posted on: 2009/11/12 20:53

I am also having the same problem.
I have an Ipod Photo, and it's formatted Fat32.
I have copied the files as per the instructions, but when I double click in Ubuntu, nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Posted on: 2010/1/11 13:40

IPod Manager is a powerful yet easy-to-use iPod Managering tool which can used as iPod converter, DVD to iPod converter, iPod transfer, iPod backup. With this amazing iPod manager, you can convert various videos to iPod like avi, mpeg, wmv, vob, flv, mov, rm, etc. All software above is picked through a series of testing by our editors. The converting process is easy and fast, and created video quality is beyond your imagination. Do not hesitate, free download this wonderful iPod Manager software and start your conversion work at once!!

Register To Post