Register now    |   Login  

COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     iPod corrupted. I copied TunesDB to fix, but some albums missing? Please any help?
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2008/11/21 4:35

iPod corrupted. I copied TunesDB to fix, but some albums missing? Please any help?
Hey All,

I managed to corrupt my iPod the other day then I checked these forums to fix it. I found that tip about copying the TunesDB file from the yamipod folder into the iTunes folder which i've done and I got the music back. However, I seem to have lost a few albums.

Basically, I got the music back that I put on from my computer which I put on a few months ago. It's just the music i've put onto my ipod since then. It seems to have reverted back to an old setting with my initial music on.

So, now I have this problem where I have 2 gig of music that's called OTHER when looking via iTunes, but I can't see it in my ipod when searching. I've tried searching for the albums I know in the hidden folders but because they're called weird names it's not finding them.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get the corrupted music back so I can see and play it?

I hope this is clear enough to understand and any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Posted on: 2008/11/27 7:30

Re: iPod corrupted the copied TunesDB to fix, but some albums missing?
ok, I guess my problem is a bit tricker than most....

Does anyone know how I can get rid of just the 'other' content on my ipod? Is this possible?

Any help is much appreciated!
Tony23
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:20

Re: iPod corrupted. I copied TunesDB to fix, but some albums missing? Please any help?
Hey Pengam and Others that may be able to help,

I have the same problem as you stated. Only my Ipod (80GB Video) has reverted back almost 2 years. I have no idea why. I never received any kind of message that would suggest files being corrupted or music/movies being deleted.

This is how it all started. I put Yamipod on my Ipod about 2 years ago. I only used the program 2 or 3 times the first month I had it and had not used it since, until a couple days ago. Recently I had to reformat my computer and lost all my music. I decided to use Yamipod to put some of the music back on the PC. When I opened Yamipod for the first time in 2 yrs a message popped up to update to the newest version, So I did.

Everything went good with the update. I didn't receive any Error messages to make me think other wise. Then I opened Yamipod and started to look through my music and Noticed songs that I had removed in the past 2 yrs were back again. Then I looked through my playlist and found that some of my old playlist that had long been deleted were there and my new(within the last 2 yrs.) playlist were gone. I then closed out of Yamipod and opened Itunes and found the same thing there. All my Pic, Movies,TV shows,Playlist and Songs had been reverted back to when I originally installed Yamipod. I did not see an "other FIle" as you explained though.

I Have tried the ItunesDB thing as well and it did nothing. I have started the Lost Music tool in Yamipod hoping that will work . It is finding Music/Movies but it has taken 12 hours to analyze 411 out of 3110 files .

So Pengam, if you have figured anything out I would really appreciate some help. To anyone else if you know anything that could help please let me know. Maybe a faster way to get my music back(Other then sucking it up for 4 days while this tool does its thing) or what caused this to happen so I can prevent it in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. If you need any more info let me know.

Also, one last thing, if I do end up having to wait the 4 days for this tool. Once it finishes how do I get the music from the lost music folder on the Ipod back to itunes?

Thanks again!

Posted on: 2008/12/13 1:43

Re: iPod corrupted. I copied TunesDB to fix, but some albums missing? Please any help?
Hey Tony,

I've not had any luck with mine as yet. I've still got about 2gig of music sitting there as other which I don't know how to get back. But, i'm interested in the 'lost music tool' you spoke about. I didn't even know yamipod had that function.

How do I use that? It might help me.

Register To Post