Development & Bugs
     Ipod doesn't show songs
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Bambie
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2008/9/18 15:23

Ipod doesn't show songs
After a couple hours I got Yamipod working and got ipod songs copied to PC, made playlists and added new songs. I thought this program was great. HOwever, it is everytime working great until(!!) disconnecting my ipod. Because then he seems to have lost all songs, playlists and artists. When reconnecting and opening my ipod on PC with yamipod all still seems to be there. But everytime I need to choose tools/IPod repair to bring the original content back on my ipod. I work with Windows Vista and have a new Nano 8GB.
Does anybody know how to fix this? Because now I am not able to make alternations in playlists or sdd songs to my Ipod.
Thx for all your tips!!
row
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2008/12/9 6:48

Re: Ipod doesn't show songs
I'm having the same trouble! My IT dept took itunes off my computer. I can see all my songs, but am unable to synchronise them to the device. The songs aren't there, yet the device says there are 926 songs on there! Helppppppppppppppppp!
Posted on: 2009/1/21 19:12

Hey - I have the same problem. I figured out why it isn't showing your songs, but not how to fix it. Apparently, if you have YamiPod recognize your music, it doesn't use the iTunes player to do dsoo. If you open your iPod's folders, you will see one labelled "iPod Control." Inside that folder is the Music Folder and there is where you will see all your music, only in a different format. I have found it impossible to bring the formatting back. I will submit another post if I figure it out, but for now I'm going to try copying the contents of that folder directly onto the computer, reload iTunes and see if it will recognize it and then re-sync it. I don't think I'll be using YamiPod again unless they can figure out a work-around to this for iTunes 8.
Posted on: 2009/2/1 0:32

If your iPod doesn't show your music I HAVE A SOLUTION!
IT MAY WORK FOR YOU, IT MAY NOT.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get deleted. Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative to Yamipod for their software, it just freaked me out when all of a sudden 9,600+ songs disappeared from my iPod

THE SOLUTION

1 - Go HERE: Media Monkey Download and download the software.

2 - After it's installed, open the software.
3 - Plug in your iPod.
(It may take a minute to recognize, but eventually your iPod will show up on the left-side task pane in Media Monkey.)
(All your songs should show in the main window)
4 - Right-Click your device and choose "Repair Device Database"
5 - Choose the option that specifies to rebuild the ENTIRE DATABASE or something to that effect

wait a few minutes [keep an eye on the progress bar on the bottom of the program] and BAM! fixed!
(at least for me, no guarantee for you...)

i found this on a different forum and it worked for me too hope it works
Posted on: 2009/7/30 11:02

brilliant! worked for me as well, *phew*
Posted on: 2009/7/31 21:57

yyeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh as much as i appreciate all the hard work developers put into yamipod i'm not using it again.
coolcoop36
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2010/4/6 18:27

THIS PROGRAM SUCKS IT DELETED ALL MY SONGS D-D-D-DIE
THIS IS SOME HARDCORE CAM THE MAN D-D-D-DIRT PEACE

Register To Post