COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   Development & Bugs
     Repair function glitch and Feature request
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2005/7/18 2:24

Repair function glitch and Feature request
If i choose the repair function (in either 0.81 or 0.82b2) it works fine, but clicking the windows stops the update of the progressbar or the decreasing of the songs left. same when i activate a browser, the whole repair window and yamipod seems to be frozen, but if you click on the ok button after 10 minutes (still greyed out, progress seems frozen) it says: everything fine, yamipod is shutting down. so maybe there must be a redraw of the window if yamipod regains focus?

Feature request:
Having an []All checkbox for renaming artists woulf be nice (just like fixing the artist when adding songs.
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/7/18 2:34

Re: Repair function glitch and Feature request
repair process is very cpu demanding. the redraw stuff can't be done different, well actually it could but it should be rewritten and I don't have enough time for it. Fortunately we need the run the repair feature rarely.

Didn't understand the feature request, can't you just select the songs you want to have the same artist name and then Songs->File info... There you'll have a artist check all box.

Tomas
Posted on: 2005/7/18 2:50

Yes i had 10 Songs with an artist name
01 myArtist
02 myArtist
03 myArtist

So i markes these 10 artists and got the song info and i had to put the artist name 10 time, because otherwise it would only change the first artist and keep the other ones (as there is no name entered).

Ah thank for clearing up the redraw thing, i was getting nervous (is it still working?, is it dead?)
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2005/7/18 2:59

I just tried and the renaming stuff works here.

I select 10 tracks, press CTRL+I, change the artist name to new desidered artist name, press on the artist check all then save all.

All tracks are renamed.

Tomas
Posted on: 2005/7/18 3:08

Maybe i just need to reformat my windows.. i have a lot one time errors, like a closing yamipod after trying to remove duplicates, but it worked with the second try.. i'll try to reproduce it..

Register To Post