to plug in a headphone and press all
keys, but I can't go through it because
it wants me to plug in a FireWire cable
which I haven't. I found no way to
skip these tests.

(Sorry for the hardcoded line breaks,
but my Opera Browser shows me a huge
Google Ad above this text field and
I could not read otherwise my own text.)

Bye . . . Joerg
mdoble
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/26 14:17

Re: iPod Classic, no FWID found
Hi

I have the same problem, no FWIND detected (Ipod Classic 80Gbytes v1.0.2 PC Itunes 7.4.2.4), but in Ipod Diagnostics i have 6 lines (line 0,1,2,3,4,5) with 8 codes each line. ¿Where is the four lines FWID?.

If you want the codes, i put in this post.

Thanks for all

mdoble
sadapro
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/27 17:40

Hi mdoble.

The lines shown in the diagnostics are according to apple germany the id of the clickwheel.
Also in some lines are changing codes every time you run diagnostics mode.
These codes are not the FWID.

Also according to apple germany, the FWID code read from the ipod in Linux and Mac OSX is an encrypted Id and not the real ID. So you cannot use this ID to authenticate your ipod to yamipod. The encryption keys changing with every Firmware Update released by apple and been in sync with the corespondig itunes version.

According to apple germany the only allowed software to manage the ipod is the latest version of apple itunes.
This is in compliance with the DMCA to prevent unintended use and copying of digital media.

I hope the yamipod team will find a way to circumvent these barrier so one can use the ipod in a meeningful way.

greetings

sagdapro
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2007/10/27 20:29

sadapro I sent you an email.

----------------

MrGlass
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/28 15:54

I have a 160gb classic, dont know how to check version number (got an faq that says how?).

I also cant find the fwid. pressing rwd and select at the same time after reset brings me to 2 options, auto or manual test. Auto test makes me go through a series of check of different components of the ipod. I worked through a few things, but got stuck when asked to plug in a firewire cable (don't have one). Manual test brings me to a menu, listing the following options: NTF, Memory, IO, Power, Accerssories Test, SysCFg, Reset.

I have not had time to explore all the submenus. I will post what I can later. Any idea how to get the FWID?

MrGlass
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/28 16:08

NTF:
brings me to a submenu with 1 option, AutoTest. Autotest brings me to a new menu, with options: SDRAMQuickTest, KeyTest, WheelTest, HeadphoneDetect, Accessory Test, Backlight, Color. SDRAMQuickTest ran just displayed 2 lines, testing and test passed. KeyTest Had me click all the buttons on the clickwheel, then said passed. WheelTest displayed the 6 line WheelID described above, and followed with a test of the capacitance wheel, I ran my finger around the whole wheel and it said passed. HeadphoneDetect Shwoed first a screen that displayed 0 is hold was on, 1 is hold was of, then a second screen with 0 for headphones out, 1 for headphones plugged in. Accessory test displayed "LCD=2" then asked for firewire, has to reset to exit. Backlight displayed "BL Level :1", turned off the backlight for a few seconds. Color went through a long series of screens, including:
a blue gradation, with dark blue at the top and royal blue at the bottom, select brought up a similar screen in red, followd by all black, then white gradation, then green gradation, then all white, all red, all green, all blue, and then a test patern (ala a TV station experiencing techinical difficulties), then a gradation from white to black, from black to white, then a screen entirly gray by dithering (alternating blakc and white pixels to give illusion of gray), same with bigger block of colors (eg 2 pixels of each instead of one), bigger again, and again, again, again, again, Now vertical B&W lines, now horizontal, now al black screen again, now all black with grey box in the middle.

Coming soon: Memory submenu (YAY!)
MrGlass
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/28 16:26

Memory:
Brings me to a single option screen again, SDRAM. Brigns me to another single option screen, SDRAMFullTest. This says "plug in FW to start", and on the next line "No Power Supply". Unfortunately i dont have a FireWire cable, had to reset.

IO:
Brings up menu with 4 options: Wheel, Display, HeadphoneDetect, HardDrive. Wheel give 2 option, KeyTest and WheelTest, both are the same as above. Display has 3 otions, Backlight(same as above), Color(same as above), and TVOUT (pressing next switched a display from "PAL output" to "NTSC output, but i dont have a video cable to test). HeadphoneDetect is same as above. HarDrive has 2 options, HDSpecs and HDSMARTData. HDSpecs said "[open device..]" for a few seconds, then "[Device Opened]" followed by SNO:s16ej26p893755, FW Revision: NB100-05, LBAs: ox12a19eb0. HDSMARTData displayed Rectracts: 9, Reallocs: 0, Pending Sectors:0, PowerOn Hours: 110, Start/Stops: 35, Temp: Current 27c, Temp: min 22c, Temp: Max 52c.

I forgot to mention earlier, the iPod Diagnostics I am going through is listed as "Ipod Diagnostics d002 SRV v.0056 Sep 11 2007"

3 menu options down, 3 to go.
mdoble
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/29 13:56

Hi again everybody,

Tanks sadapro for your information. Today i´d repeated the steps and the six codes are the same (clickwheel) but no FWID.

I bought my ipod in NY the last september but i live in Spain and the Ipod lenguage is spanish.

Thanks

Register To Post