yamipod with nano 3g
Register To Post
Poster Thread
jubbaman
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/17 19:19

yamipod with nano 3g
Hi everybody
I've downloaded the beta versione of yamipod for linux, cause I have the ipod nano third gen.
To use it I mount the ipod and, when I open the Yamipod it detects the ipod, but when i choose the version of ipod and insert the wfim (shown with sudo lsusb -v | grep Serial) gives me back the message Couldn't create gen file.
I think that the problem is that the program think that the wfim is wrong. But it is the right one.
What can I do?

Thanks everybody
Lorenzo
onekopaka
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/10/24 9:17

Re: yamipod with nano 3g
I have a very similar problem, but under windows (via WINE, because the Linux version wasn't working), and it said "iPod FWID seems to not be correct, it's not safe to continue. Do you want to quit?"
I haven't clicked "No" yet, because I'm afraid it'll have bad effects.
Posted on: 2007/10/24 23:38

I have the exact same problem with the Windows version. I have triple checked my FWID and it's correct but I still get the message "iPod FWID seems to not be correct, it's not safe to continue. Do you want to quit?".

If I click Yes the application quits and if I click No it just returns to the input box for the FWID again. So it's a catch 22 situation where I can't go on since it doesn't accept my FWID

I have the latest 1.0.2 firmware. Please let me know if there is any more info I can provide to help troubleshoot this problem.
JaWo
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/11/25 22:01

Same issue here. When I am presented with the FWID interface prompt, I enter the value returned by the lsusb command but when I click on the OK button nothing happens.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with the 1.02 firmware? Either way, is a solution known?

Thanks,
Jason

Register To Post