General Discussion
     PLEASE HELP!
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Guds
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/8/14 23:47

PLEASE HELP!
My PC crashed and deleted my itunes library. A friend recommended this site. I downloaded yamipod for windows, but instead of giving me an option to find my lost music, it has now wiped all the music from my ipod!! Help!
gfrazee
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/8/15 0:32

Re: PLEASE HELP!
Are you sure your Library was lost from your system crash? That's highly, HIGHLY unlikely. The worse that can happen is your iTunes database file is corrupted (if you were running iTunes when the system crashed) but your music is still "there", iTunes just doesn't know it.

Try browsing to where your iTunes files are actually located (usually \My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music on Windows, and /Music/iTunes on OS X, I think) and see if they are there or not, if they are, just point iTunes to that folder and it should rebuild your database.

Here's the Apple support page on the subject
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93313
Guds
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/8/15 1:27

Re: PLEASE HELP!
Hi, thanks very much for that. You're right, I managed to find the folder. I followed the instructions from Apple and got the .xml document, but when I clicked on import in itunes it didn't give me the option to select it.
Guds
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/8/15 2:00

Re: PLEASE HELP! - Update
Hi,

I went in to the itunes folder I found & by clicking on them managed to get the PC to play them through the itunes library. It's gonna take a while to do each one individually, but it'll be worth it! Thank you so much for your help - I would never have even thought to look for the file! Thanks again, Guds

Register To Post