COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     sort playlist (not songs)
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2007/6/3 7:37

sort playlist (not songs)
Hello, I've searched the forums and read the faq, but can't find an answer to sorting the playlist on the ipod. After I add my playlist and the songs they show up in the order that they were added. I would like to sort the playlist order (not the songs in the playlist) so they are easier to find in the playlist view. tia
bigstusexy
(Just popping in)

Posted on: 2007/6/6 5:59

Re: sort playlist (not songs)
So you'd like to change what order the songs play in?

IE

to become

Select a song and drag it up or down, you'll see a black bar represent where the songs would be. Other than that I don't think there is any sort of view sorting for playlist files because of the nature of play lists.
Posted on: 2007/6/9 10:43

Sorting song within a playlist works, sorting playlist I can't figure out. Following your example say I have 3 playlists 1,2,3.

However when I made the playlist I uploaded them in the order of 2,1,3. Since I have many playlist and I would like to sort them in alphabetical order to find them easier. I can't figure out how to put the playlists in alphabetical order, they are stuck in the order which I loaded them.

I used to use ephpod, but with no support for newer ipod s I switched to yami. Hopefully there is a way to change the order.
Posted on: 2007/7/16 9:48

I also cant figure out how to sort my playlist in alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the order of playlists?
Posted on: 2007/7/16 10:00

After playing around with the playlist functions, I noticed that if I imported a playlist from lets say a .m3u file, it stays where it was added. However if you create a new playlist within yamipod, it automatically sorts the playlists in alphabetical order. So my fix was to delete all the playlists that were out of order and just create a new playlist from within yamipod. Then add the songs to the newly created playlist.

Register To Post