COMMUNITY

Back to Forum Index
   General Discussion
     blank iTunes DB even after songs listened to
Register To Post
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2007/3/17 0:52

blank iTunes DB even after songs listened to
I will listen to songs (I have a first generation iPod nano) and will amass quite a list of listened songs. But when I go to submit the songs, the list for pending tracks is completely blank. This started last week, I'd guess, and since then I have tried deleting the Yamipod folder off my iPod and then reopening Yamipod. Although this did work for a bit, it soon reverted back to the problematic state. I tried deleting the Yamipod folder again, except this time it didn't work.

Before this incident, I was having a little problem with the time change. I had the right time zone, but the time on my iPod was still wrong. I fixed this somewhere during the process of attempting to get my iPod to submit.

I have no clue what the hell is going on. I also tried using Audiopod, and I am still getting a blank iTunes DB, so I don't know if something else is parsing it or what. iTunes is NOT opening when I plug in my iPod. Someone help?
Posted on: 2007/3/29 4:51

Re: blank iTunes DB even after songs listened to
Hmmm well it seems like no one wants to reply, or no one knows the answer. Except I would assume this is not such a hard problem to solve. I'll keep checking for an answer here...
yamipod
(Webmaster)

Posted on: 2007/3/29 12:51

this is weird specially iTunes not starting. Have you tried restoring the iPod and starting from scratch again?

----------------

Posted on: 2007/4/10 4:43

I restored the iPod and did all of that yesterday, and it's still not working. Could it be something to do with the new iTunes? I don't think this started until iTunes updated. And yes, I got the Yamipod (beta) that's compatible with iTunes 7.1. The iTunes DB is still there, nothing is different than it was when it was working except iTunes 7.1 and of course the new Yamipod.
Posted on: 2007/4/17 10:50

A note: I've also tried AudioPod to try and submit songs (because I'm really only after the Last.fm submission capability) but AudioPod also gets a blank iTunesDB, so it's not just Yamipod.

Register To Post